Saturday, July 5, 2008

3rd sem

Semester 3 in Banting is well known among its students as a period of emotional roller coaster, mind blowing stress, and killer datelines. And now I am in the hot seat, and I’ve been receiving a lot of poundings lately. It is internationally recognized and acknowledged that IB has a reputation of killer stress and pressure, and now I’m experiencing first hand. Now I know how it felt having tutorials, assignment, IA’s EE’s, IELTS, and so many things happening at the same time. Thank God i have only the At the same time, we also have responsibilities that we need to uphold, having dedicated ourselves to a life of duty and service. I must admit that the stress and strain has really catching up on me, and I’m really losing my zest, fast. I don’t know. I can’t say I’m suicidal, but desperate times called for fast, relieving, desperate measures. Well, I don’t think listing down all the hardcore, hazardous, possibilities would be appropriate, but they all are like internet pop-ups. But don’t worry, I still have enough rationality to prevent me from cutting my wrist.
But despite it all, I am blessed to have amazing friends and teachers around me. I met Ms Aqyn one day to settle some UN model thing, when she brought up the partition thing which cause some commotion in the college. I was stuck between two parties, and I need to find some kind of a win-win solution so this 2 sides come to turn. It was a difficult time, but to know you have a teacher who know your problems and care for you is really soothing. She told me that in times like this, I just need to be strong despite what people think about my decisions and actions, and be true to my values and principles. At the same time, Pn Bad and Ms Loh have taught me on life itself. Friends have certainly been there for me throughout the turmoil. A simple ‘Hi’, ‘How are you?” by them have really made my day, especially when I’m in the blues. I must admit that sometimes, flying solo would be my preference, but in times when you just feel like breaking someone’s neck, they can be darlings.
Of course, 3rd semester has its own unique expectations and challenges, and it feels as you just cannot make it. But with this people around, I think I’m going to make it!

No comments: